Langlaufen Langlaufarena Pirkdorf - Petzen / Klopeiner See
One of the most beautiful cross-country skiing arenas in Austria is located in the southernmost part of Carinthia in the Karawanken region at the foot of the Petzen. The cross-country skiing arena Pirkdorf is located in the municipality of Feistritz in the Klopeiner See region - southern Carinthia!
Snow-sure cross-country skiing enjoyment is guaranteed by our * snow-making equipment*. In addition, our floodlit trail ensures romantic winter fun and optimal training conditions in the dark and freshly groomed every day!
At the trail entrance there is a top cross-country equipment rental, where all cross-country equipment is available, including children's trailers.
Easy access via well-signposted road directly to the start of the trail!
The cross-country skiing region has just been awarded the cross-country skiing quality seal of the State of Carinthia for the next five years!
Highlights of the cross-country skiing arena Pirkdorf:
- Location of the cross-country skiing arena: east of Lake Pirkdorf at the foot of the Petzen in the municipality of Feistritz ob Bleiburg in southern Carinthia.
- Parking facilities directly at the start of the cross-country trail
- Natural snow trail: length approx. 3.5 km
- Extension: length of 3.5 km
- Artificial snow trail: length approx. 2.5 km
- Total track length: approx. 10 km, can be crossed in classic and skating style
- Per run: approx. 160 metres altitude difference
- Equipment on the track: lighting and sound system for the artificial snow track
- Trail grooming: with existing grooming equipment
- Offers: Laser biathlon facility, ski rental, webcam, children's ski trailer.
Extra tip: Night cross-country skiing on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 17:00 - 20:00 on the 4 km floodlit section.
Biathlon in the cross-country arena:
4 pcs. Laser biathlon rifles with 5 shooting ranges.
The tracks are prepared daily, so guests have access to top modern slopes. Of course, catering is also provided in the Pirkdorfer See restaurant. Changing rooms, showers and the use of the toilet facilities are also freely available there. A ski hut is available for storing and preparing your cross-country skis.
Technique and waxing courses:
We also offer regular technique and waxing courses for both skiing techniques, for children as well as for adults.
Group course offers
Instructor is on site for individual requests / private lessons
If you have any questions: Josef Skuk 0664/41 51 044 or Darja Jernej (instructor) 0664/4828225
Equipment rental: NEW stuff 2022/23!
If you do not have your own cross-country skiing equipment, you can rent it on site for a fee of € 15,- (children/youth € 11,-). Skis, ski poles and boots for both techniques (classic, skating) are available.
- Ski rental from child to adult (boot size 28 - 47), also for larger groups.
- In the rental is also the children's trailer/ € 9,-.
*Initiative children / pupils on the cross-country skiing track... the gymnastics lesson should take place on the cross-country skiing track!
Circuit for classic and skating skiing, laser biathlon, sufficient rental equipment available from shoe size 31. Children from 7 years of age interested in cross-country skiing are cordially invited to regular year-round training (2x/week) - see homepage for dates or contact Mr. Skuk Josef 0664/4151044 if you have any questions.
*Information for companies, clubs, communities, various organisers: *
The complete existing cross-country skiing facility incl. instructor can be rented for the whole day or in the evenings at a preferential price by prior arrangement.
Events season 2022/2023:
- Landescup race: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 in the free technique
- Grand Fischer Ski Test: Sat/Sun, 25-26 Feb 2023
Use fees season 2022/23:
- Children up to 7 years free of charge
- Day ticket/night cross-country skiing for youths up to 16 years Euro 5,00
- Day ticket/night cross-country skiing adults Euro 8,50
- Season ticket youths up to 16 years Euro 75,--
- Season ticket adults Euro 115,--
No refund in case of adverse weather conditions and COVID restrictions.
Cross-country skiing equipment (skis, ski poles, boots) for classic and skating skiing style for a fee of adults Euro 16,-- children/youth Euro 12,-- children's trailer fee Euro 10,--
Prices include all taxes!
Purchase of tickets directly on site in the cross-country skiing arena.
Opening hours 2022/ 2023:
Daily from 9:00 am. - 5:00 pm.
Night cross-country skiing Tues, Thurs and Fridays from 5:00 pm. - 8:00 pm.
Mogelijkheden voor een drankje
Schihütte zur Lagerung und Präparierung der Langlaufschi; Umkleideraum, Gastronomie in der angrenzenden Pension-Camping-Restaurant Pirkdorfer See (www.pirkdorfersee.at)
Benützung der WC- und Sanitär-Anlagen (Duschen), Umkleidemöglichkeiten in der Pension-Camping-Restaurant Pirkdorfer See sowie im Obergeschoss des Containers.
- +43 4230 200-19
Direkt in der Langlaufarena
Regelmäßig werden Technik- und Wachskurse für beide Lauftechniken, sowohl für Kinder als auch für Erwachsene, angeboten.
Tourismusregion Klopeiner See - Südkärnten GmbH
- Schulstraße 10, A-9122 St. Kanzian am Klopeiner See
- +43 (0)4239 2222
- +43 (0)4239 2222 33
- Mallnitz - Ankogel
- Villach - Dobratsch
- Bad Kleinkirchheim
- Nassfeld - Pressegger See
- Schönfeld - Innerkrems
- TVB Gerlitzen Alpe - Ossiacher See
- Heiligenblut am Großglockner
- Hochrindl - Sirnitz - Deutsch Griffen
- Falkert HEIDI ALM BergResort
- Langlaufarena Pirkdorf - Petzen / Klopeiner See
- Spittal an der Drau
- St. Georgen im Gailtal