- An enjoyable bicycle ride through the Valley of the poets (Ferdinand Raimund), and that of the musicians (Johannes Brahms) and the painters Friedrich Gauermann and Leopold Kuppelwieser which leads from Markt Piesting to Gutenstein. Some info-pavilions along the route provide insight into the time of the Biedermeiers, which was from 1815 to 1848. The exhibition in the Waldbauern Museum in Gutenstein revives the Biedermeier in the Piestingtal (valley).
- Markt Piesting or Sollenau
Brücke am Piestingtal-Radweg© Wiener Alpen in Niederösterreich Tourismus GmbHPiestingtal Radweg© Wiener Alpen in Niederösterreich Tourismus GmbHPiestingtal Radweg© Wiener Alpen in Niederösterreich Tourismus GmbHPiestingtal Radweg© Wiener Alpen in Niederösterreich Tourismus GmbH
- Beste Jahreszeit
- Connection to the Thermenradweg (bike path) Eurovelo9 in Sollenau. The route goes through Felixdorf, Steinabrückl and Wöllersdorf for about 22 km till one reaches Markt Piesting. Until Gutenstein the cycling path leads through the Biedermeier Valley and ends after 21 km. Sport enthusiasts have the opportunity to extend the tour for 15 km to Rohr im Gebirge.
Description: Fully paved and sign posted cycling route. Until Gutenstein it is day trip a which may be enjoyed by families as well as lone riders. Further on the route to Rohr im Gebirge one may come across slopes up to 15 percent and is a challenge for athletic riders.
- The route passes from a small parking lot past a small power station and then over the Piestingbrücke. In the Minnatal (valley) right after Markt Piesting is the birth house of Leopold Kuppelwieser. Unfortunately, it is not publicly accessible. The path passes through the Augebiet at the foot of the ruins of Starhemberg and shortly thereafter one reaches open fields. By meadows and pastures one happens to travel past several info-pavilions and finally reaches after a total of 6 km Ober-Peisching. After another kilometer you will reach the community of Waldegg.
The cycling route over the Kirchenriegel into the Schwarzviertel takes you to the landmark Kalksinterader. Now follows the idylliste section, as the path continues directly along the river Piesting. The narrow part of the valley "Quarb" with its special bridge is worth a second look. Along the way you pass the villages of Öd and Reichenthal and one drives on the bicycle path through a dense forest in the direction of Ortmann. In the Pernitzer basin one goes past the Raimund-Villa and after a forest section you reach Gutenstein.
- Maximale hoogte
- 783 m
- Gutenstein respectively Rohr im Gebirge
- The Piestingtal cycle path leads away from the roads on signed and marked ways.
- Bike holiday offer: Biedermeier experience
2 Nights with half board in a bicycle friendly establishment, extensive maps and information material, entrance to the Gauermann Museum
perPerson in double room from € 95, -
Valid: May to October 2012
- A2 till exit Baden, keep right on B210. At the intersection turn right on B17 to Wiener Neustadt. After about 10 km you arrive at Sollenau.
- Openbaar vervoer
- With the train from Wien Meidling or with the Bus from Wien Südtiroler Platz (Bus train station) to Sollenau.
Markt Piesting can be reached with train or by bus from Wien Meidling.
- Both in Sollenau and in Markt Piesting there are enough parking opportunities.